[Byzantine Bindings]

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Wondering in the World of In-between.

Didn’t we have a lovely time…
we being the operative word
as usual I was on my own as I always had been
the curse of the romantic…
hold it there a minute 
“The Curse of the Romantic”

It’s probably about living in a parallel world and missing out on the real world.

Real world
living close by
feeling your breath near me
aching to be in your presence
sunlight.

Meanwhile
walking long roads
in search of some meaning
listen to the skylark singing
echo.

Yes, there will be projects left unfinished
time will catch me out
and I’m not one to deprive death 
of her comforts
but in the time remaining
as sense of grace regaining
equilibrium maintaining
sailing to Byzantium.

Perhaps that’s me
unconsciously
sailing to Byzantium
binding myself
unaware
last chance
let go
enjoy it all
without any need
soon the show will be over
but before the final curtain
a reprise 
no encore 
not this time
but yes a reprise
surely
I won’t be denied that
walking along a familiar path
for the first time
hand in hand with Eliot
and those who went before
no evidence
presented 
standing in the dock
neither for prosecution 
or
in defence
just going for the sake of it
to wander
flaneur with Yeats
ABABABCC.




Don’t push it
trying to make it into something that it’s not
the big eyed unlikeliness of it all
that is the wonder
there is all
keep at it
listening to the music
try to keep in step
but
don’t worry about the toes of others
or how 
with seeming gifted other
muse
they wheel and whorl 
about the dance floor
this is it
and it is shorter than it was
before
soar and drink the air
love it all
and more
let it love you back
embracing you
the way you dreamed
it would 
somewhere forgotten 
but not lost.